Drinking Water for your Health
Earlier this year, the CDC released information on why drinking water is important for your health. We thought the tips were spot on and wanted to share them with you today.
Getting enough water every day is important for your health. Drinking water can prevent dehydration, a condition that can cause unclear thinking, result in mood change, cause your body to overheat, and lead to constipation and kidney stones.
Water helps your body:
- Keep a normal temperature
- Lubricate and cushion joints
- Protect your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues
- Get rid of wastes through urination, perspiration, and bowel movements
Your body needs more water when you are:
- In hot climates
- More physically active
- Running a fever
- Having diarrhea or vomiting
Most of your fluid needs are met through the water and beverages you drink. You can get some fluids through the foods that you eat – especially foods with high water content, such as many fruits and vegetables.
Tips to Drink More Water
- Carry a water bottle with you and refill it throughout the day.
- Freeze some freezer safe water bottles. Take one with you for ice-cold water all day long.
- Choose water over sugary drinks.
- Opt for water when eating out. You’ll save money and reduce calories.
- Serve water during meals.
- Add a wedge of lime or lemon to your water. This can help improve the taste and help you drink more water than you usually do.
- Make sure your kids are getting enough water too.
Looking for a local water provider? Look no further than Fontis Water to assist you in drinking more water for your health. We not only offer the most refreshing, best tasting water in metro Atlanta, we also deliver it to your home or office!