In one week the princesses, super heroes and ghouls will be making their appearance in your neighborhood. Yes, it’s Halloween and along with enjoying the great candy, it’s important to remember to make safety your first priority. In a recent post on Patch.com, the Better Business Bureau offered several tips for enjoying a safe Halloween.
A few candy tips included:
- Inspect all candy before it is eaten.
- Never eat any candy or “goody” that is not individually wrapped.
- Parents of young children should remove any and all possible choking hazards from hard candy to small toys.
- Eat a small snack before trick or treating so kids aren’t tempted to eat candy before it has been inspected.
Costume safety tips included:
- Always make sure your child’s costume fits. It’s a great idea to try it on and walk around before the big night.
- If your child is wearing a mask, make sure they can see. Blocked visibility could lead to an unnecessary accident.
- Make sure your child is wearing comfortable shoes. No one wants to have to halt trick or treating for sore feet.
To read more about these and other safety tips, click here, and have a safe and Happy Halloween!